Monday, August 4, 2008

More DIY

Okay, so I've been quite busy lately. Usually my Sundays are FILLED with wedding stuff....but today I couldn't find time to do ANYTHING wedding related. My Mom is in the hospital and won't be out for a couple more days. My sister is about to go to the hospital tomorrow...really later today....to go to her 2nd to last chemo treatment. I have 2 cake tastings scheduled for this week, on top of it being my sister birthday, the alumni volleyball game and hosting 2 swimming parties. If this is a good look at what's to come this year, I'm really glad I've been doing all of the wedding planning that I've been so far! It's amazing to see all that I've gotten done, and of course....all that's left to do.










Just real quick before I get to my DIY stuff that I DID manage to do today, I wanted to add something. I think we are changing our reception venue. There's 2 good things to 1 bad. I'll start with the good....1. its cheaper! and 2. it's where we live/where the wedding will be. Okay, so the bad is that it only holds 200 comfortably and we were looking at like 250 to show up. We'll have to look at the guest list and see who all we are really going to invite and who we have to cut back on. The way I see it is....if we are going to have to introduce the guests to one or the other then they shouldn't be at our wedding. We want to share this special time with our loved ones and the ones that I have seen our relationship grow.




Okay time for the good stuff.

Reserved Seating Signs for Immediate Family.
These were super easy and they took about 5 minutes to make. I could have went without them, but I wanted to make sure our family had a place to sit after pics.



Materials: 5x7 pic frame ~ 1.00 at Dollar Tree
Scissors
Paper Cutter
Double Sided Tape
"Reserved for Immediate Family of the bride/groom" card made in Photoshop.

I put double sided tape on the smaller card (reserved card) and put it on the black cardstock.


I did the same with both and placed them in frames. TADA!!!





Monogrammed Cake Table Runner

Step 1-Lay out design under fabric. Step 2- Trace design with a pencil.
























Step 3-Paint the light colors first. Step 4- Finish with the darker color.
The whole thing took me lol haha 3 weeks....because I couldn't get serious! All in all it probably took about 5 or so hours.










No comments: