Monday, September 8, 2008

A Month Later...

Okay, so a month later and I'm blogging again! Work has started back up again so it's hard to do the little things I used to do when I had ALOT of free time. The last DIY Project I was working on before I stopped blogging were my favor tags for the cookie favors. I bought a little puncher thing from Michael's and I put it to use making these favor tags. I used AVERY return address labels and printed out 2 monogram letter thingies in each label and then cut them in half. So instead of 3 monograms across, I ended up with 6. I peeled the monograms off and put them on the punched out favor tags. I realize the black is hard to see, but since I had already made all those little black tags, I figured I would just use them. Who cares! :)

Okay, well there has been some drama going on with the reception venue. Let me fill you in. I had my choices narrowed down to 3 places and they were all within my area. Venue A is a hall right in town. It holds 250 and it's 1500.00 and 250.00 deposit. It's BYOB, any caterer, we had to clean up and be out by midnight....which I was TOTALLY fine with except!!! When I went to do my guestlist we were at 323, I began cutting people to get it down to 225 (So the guests can have extra room) but cutting down 100 guests was just NOT possible!
Off to Venue B. A place in another town about 15 minutes away...at the most. The prices have just went up September 2nd. It was 1500.00 with a 500.00 deposit. I was fine with that, but now its 2250.00 and 500.00 deposit. Whatever, if we have to pay an extra 750.00 it was fine. I began to think about everything else. We were going to also have to be out by midnight, no candles, no confetti (not a big deal, I wasn't planning on using that anyway), BYOB but you have to hire bartenders to serve and the alcohol couldn't just be sitting at the tables, we didn't have to clean it up though! We got the venue from 8 AM - Midnight, but you could NOT decorate the night before, which would mean someone would have to be there at 8 AM and decorate the place for me...and I couldn't see myself allowing someone that wasnt a professional doing that for me. BUT, I don't want or feel I need to hire someone. My journey continues.
Venue C.
A little hall in a park here in Manor. It's PERFECT! The little hall is open, the doors are glass and just slide open. There's no AC but they do have fans. They provide some tables/chairs. There is PLENTY of space, so it looked like all the guests would fit perfectly. It had a deck in the back on the water, where guests could either sit, or dance. The scenery is soo beautiful. I called and it was only a 10.00 deposit....yes that is TEN DOLLARS!!! Then I asked how much it would be for the day, she said either 35.00/HR or 350.00/Day. AWESOME!!! Well how long is the day!?!?! Unil 9 PM!!! At this point my heart was broken, but was willing to just end it at 9 and take all the younger people who still wanted to party downtown. Edgar was against this....and still is. I just couldn't see myself spending another $2ooo for 2 hours worth of dancing. Sounded too much for me. Back to the drawing board.
Right when it looked like my reception was going to be non-existent I received an e-mail Saturday afternoon. I open it instead of deleting it which I usually do and it's from a place in South Austin. I hadn't been looking for other places because I Just knew everything was either 2 far, or out of my price range. I called the guy and talked to him and he said we could go look at it at that minute. I got my Mom to go out there with me and we checked the mileage, 35 miles from my driveway...not too bad. This place is rented out for the weekend (Fri-Sun) and it has a pool, place to stay, 12 acres of land, and a 4000+ sq ft dance space! At first I couldn't decide if I REALLY liked it, or if I was just too excited. I left thinking we just HAD to have this place. I'm going to take Edgar to see it. I'm just really excited because even though it's more money I was thinking of spending...it's like a weekend resort and the party DOESNT have to stop. The guy said the music can keep going for however long we want it too. This place is just perfect. Here are a couple of pics that I took.



1 comment:

Ashley said...

It has now been 'another month later' ha Hope the planning is going well