Monday, February 22, 2010

Update

I realized I forgot to update on my Dr's appointment.

I went to the appointment with my RE. She was WONDERFUL! I was extremely nervous and couldnt sleep the night before, and she was so calming it helped out, alot! She just let me know that she wouldn't call it an "infertility issue" because its becoming more and more common and is becoming easier to fix. She just went over some things with me and prescribed me medicine called Prolodel and told me to take that once a day. She also let me know that I needed to get onto prenatal vitamins and start charting my temperatures everyday at the same time (6 AM!) before I get out of bed. Its been pretty easy so far, even on the weekends. I've been taking the medicine at night because it's supposed cause a lot of side effects like dizziness, nausea, headaches, etc. but luckily I haven't had any of that happen to me. ::Knocks on wood!::

I had to get 8 tubes of blood taken (OUCH!) which left me bruises for 2 1/2 weeks...not even exaggerating. Then the next day I had to go and get an MRI done to see if I had those pituitary tumors. That was the scariest thing I've ever had to do! I even went to do an "open" one....but I just knew my heart was going to beat out of my chest. I counted to 100 like 17 times and then it was over. The MRI lasted about 25 minutes, and I have never felt soo relieved in my life hearing her say "ok, all done!" Music to my ears. :) I also had to get an IV so they could add some dye while they were doing the MRI which left me another bruise on my right arm that lasted a good 2 weeks, too!

Fast forward to last Wednesday, the 17th. I got a phone call from my Dr's office stating they got the MRI results and they were negative which meant NO TUMORS!! I was so happy I called Edgar immediately. It was like a big weight lifted off my shoulders. It was great to know that I wouldn't have to be struggling with that. They also told me to keep on my meds and come back March 31st for more bloodwork, to see if the meds are working.

Now, we've just been super busy with family and friend stuff. It seems like if its not a birthday, its a family gathering, baby shower, party, the list goes on and on. Oh well...that's life!

Edgar turned 24 on Valentines Day so we celebrated that with his family. Today he passed his 1st test for his CDL license which means he now has his permit and can start training on how to drive a big delivery truck. He's happy because he's moving up in the company and Im happy because its a pay increase! :)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like you guys have a lot of good things going for you right now!

Jill said...

great! thank you for the update! doctors are amazing. last year the docs said my sister would likely never conceive because she had very severe endometriosis. she has a major surgery done where they removed what they could. then she charted everyday and took her temperature like you mentioned, and noted different feelings/aches/pains she had each day. and now she's preggo! but shhhh, this is probably the first time i've said anything via blogosphere. she's only 8 weeks along. but i wanted to share because the combination of docs + charting worked out for my little sis. :-)