on writing a post about this. It's my blog, I feel the need to write a post. Not very many people know about this, besides a very small number of people, including my husband.
We decided we were ready to start trying for kids. I made a dr's apppointment to talk about the steps I needed to take before we started to try 100%. A major question was why I wasn't having my cycle regularly. We did a blood test, and they took 3 tubes...and also made me give them a urine sample because I know I wasn't pregnant (after about 5 home pregnancy tests!) but because I haven't had my cycle since August it would only make sense I was. My hormone test came back fine except one thing. A hormone called prolactin was really high. She said she wanted me to schedule another blood test just too make sure because there were certain things that could make this hormone rise. I did another blood test and it still came back high.
All while waiting for the blood results to come back, I did my own research on the topic. This is what I found. At first I was a little uneasy about the whole thing. I mean-this could potentially be serious! But after talking to me DR the 2nd time and her reassuring me that this is not very harmful as long as its treated, it kinda helped me sit a little better. She requested I see an RE (which is who I'm calling later today to schedule an appointment with) and she said I will probably need an MRI. This is what I'm nervous about. I've never had an MRI but I was told to request an open one where the machine just goes around my head. I'm claustrophobic. Hopefully I get through it withouht panicking too much.
The first step to see if we can lower my prolactin level will be to take a pill (depending on which one im prescribed) however many times and see if that shrinks the tumor allowing the hormone level to lower. Hopefully that is all that I need to fix the problem but if not I will have to have surgery. After talking to my Sister about this, she was telling me that the same thing happened to one of my older cousins. She was told she couldn't have kids and ended up getting surgery and BAM! She got pregnant right away. The DR says this is not hereditary and that people just get this condition.
In no way am I fully educated on this medical condition, and ive been researching like crazy but I plan to keep it all on my blog throughout my whole process.
1 comment:
Wow... this is scary stuff! I hope you get good news from the doctor. I know you can make it through, whatever the diagnosis is. *hugs*
Post a Comment