Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oh the joys of being a grown up..

First, since when did this happen? When did I become a "grown-up"? Augh-life decisions are just so stressful. I've went through every emotion possible since my last post, and these are just a few things that I've thought of.
  • Should we still go to New York?
  • Should we just wait one more year and save more money for our house purchase?
  • Should we work on paying down some of our debt before we even think about the house purchase?
  • Are we crazy for thinking that this is okay....to buy a house right now?

I really feel like I'm going crazy thinking about all these things. Which has led me to my next statement. We are pushing back our househunting and homebuying experience one more year. I think next year at this time, when I ask myself these questions I will be able to answer them, honestly-not with just what I want to hear. I think part of being "grown-up" is allowing yourself to take a step back and see the big picture. I want to be able to go into this major step at 100% and know we did everything we could to make sure we had the best possible chance of doing everything right. I know this is the best decision for Edgar and I and I'm sure I will be thanking myself later. But right now, I feel defeated and it sucks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only reason I would suggest getting the house now (preferably by April) is so you guys can benefit from the first-time home owners tax credit.

But if a house isn't financially possibly now then waiting a year is not something to feel defeated about. Feel proud that you are being realistic and taking control of a situation that can very well be problematic if you go in it blindly.

I hope you are able to go to New York.

Bekkah said...

It takes a lot to be able to put the things you want on hold in order to be responsible. Kudos to you and Edgar for being able to do that!

Just think, next year, when you are buying your house, the two of you will be able to enjoy it without stressing over those questions you were asking yourself. :)