Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Such an amazing experience....

I don't know where to begin because there has been SOOOO much going on lately. I've been MIA because my Mom got really sick 2 weeks ago, that the DR's made us call everyone we possibly knew to come see her because they said she wouldn't make it through the night. That was super scary, especially after dealing with everything with LeeAnn (My sister) passing away in November. So we called everyone and they said if she came out of the heavy medicine she would have a slight chance of making it. Well, fast forward to today-she's getting moved to a rehab clinic so they can get her up and walking and doing things again and she will get to come home in 5 days! I'm super excited and love my Mom to death, I couldn't imagine life without her.
Besides that, my nephew graduates on Friday....like in 3 days Friday!!! I can't believe it. This kid is the absolute love of my life.....yea he's right there with Edgar! He's going to do amazing things and do great in college. We've been getting invitations together and out and we've been planning his graduation party too.
End of the year madness at school is just piling up and piling up! We have soo many meetings about how to properly close our classroom down. We have field day tomorrow and a field trip to Zilker on Friday. There's no school on Monday and I just got an e-mail saying that the ladies at work are throwing me a bridal shower next Wednesday! Between all this mess, and stuff I need to do before the end of the year I don't know when I'll have time to finish. As much as I don't want too, I see coming in on Saturday and Sunday is something I......er we(edgar and whoever else I'm going to guilt into).....are just gonna have to do!
Yesterday Edgar and I went to the apartment place to fill out the application and put down the deposit for our BRAND NEW place!!! We will be the first renters there because the complex is soo new and I can't be more excited. We aren't moving in until July 15th, which is only 4 days after the wedding...am I crazy!?!?! There was actually logical thinking behind this plan, like having extra help to move, just taking our wedding gifts there, starting a new beginning together.....but I think it's going to be overwhelming.
Oh yea, and I also got hired to work summer school, and we get paid on July 2nd. The last day of summer school will be July 1st and we will only have 10 days until the wedding. The RSVP's are coming in....slowly. The deadline is the 1st of June and we got our first wedding gift in the mail yesterday! It's all just soo surreal, but exciting at the same time.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm SO glad to hear your Mom is doing so much better!

Amanda said...

Happy your mom is doing better, that is wonderful! Will continue to keep her in my prayers. Congrats about the apartment, sounds awesome!