Thursday, May 28, 2009

Majorly needed update....

Well, my Mom hasn't gotten out of the hospital yet. She's in a place where she has nurse support but they're teaching her to get back on the track of doing things herself. She's been doing intensive physical therapy to get her to use her legs again. At this point, I just want her to come home, wheelchair or whatever, I just miss her. I know that's not what she wants, I mean she does want to come home, but she wants to be able to walk and fully be able to take care of herself. This has made me think of how much she really does mean to me and how I should really focus on spending more time with her because I wouldn't know what I would do if she weren't here. She's been wanting to get me my shower gift, and since it's coming up on June 7th, she doesn't think she will be able to make it. She told me to take her card to bed, bath and beyond and get this beauty off my registry....

I'm seriously in love! The only....problem....is that it's wrapped. Yea, you read right. My Mom made me get it wrapped so I could open it up at my shower and everyone could see that she got me this amazing gift! I <3>

Yesterday, I had a wonderful shower at work. I'm not one to be the center of attention or anything so it was a little uncomfortable at first. But, I snapped out of it and realized I should enjoy. I will have to upload pics later because I'm blogging during my conference time and I need to pick up my kids in about 10 minutes. The decorations were my wedding colors, which surprised me to think people were actually listening to my responses when they would ask me wedding questions! lol One of the ladies made me a 3 tiered cake and she made it look like a little wedding cake. Soo cute!

There was talk about a honeymoon. Well since Edgar's family is coming from California and staying for a week we didn't really want to leave them here and not spend time with them. Sooo, we opted out of a honeymoon and decided we would go somewere fun and exciting to celebrate 1 year. Well, then lately we've been talking about possibly going to Vegas for about 3-4 days. Anyway, some girls were asking me about it and I was telling them. A little backstory, there's a pre-k teacher who is probably in her late 60's and she's been widowed for a while. She has 1 daughter but she doesn't come around for whatever reason so she really has no family and no one to spend her money on. She came up to me and told me she would pay for mine and Edgar's honeymoon!!!! Uhhh... yea you read it right she would PAY for it. I was in such shock and awe, I couldn't believe it. She said she would talk to me about it today because she figured I was just out of myself. Sooo, now I think we really are going to go to Vegas for like 3 days, right before Edgar goes back to work. I didn't want to take a huge honeymoon because we wanted to spend time with family, so we're going to Fly out on Friday the 18th and spend the weekend there and come back on either Sunday or Monday-we haven't decided.

So there's my recap. I'll update later with pics, I hope!

P.S.-Edgar's on speaking terms with his parents again. LONG STORY!!! I don't even want to begin to explain the whole background on that one. But, we went over yesterday and we were telling them about the gifts I got at my shower and the plans for my family shower at my grandma's. I can't believe the wedding is just soooo close I can almost touch it.

No comments: