Friday, April 9, 2010

Blog Party!


Thanks to my friend Kate I decided to join the Party!  This is my first year so I hope to obtain many new followers and friends!  A little bit about me.

I got married July 11, 2009.  I just turned 25 in March.  I come from a VERY family oriented family and they all mean the world to me.  Along my 25 years of living I've lost my Dad when I was 18, my Sister when I was 23 and my Mom the most recently last June, just under a month before my wedding.  Life has been tough but I've gotten through it...with the help of my loving husband.  We've only been married less than a year but have spent the last 7 years together.  I can't even imagine a better support system for myself.  We are currently trying to conceive and are struggling.  That's been a journey in itself and I plan to blog about it along the way.  I've also decided I wanted to get "healthier" so I've been exercising 6x a week and I'm enjoying it!! I've started many exercise programs and haven't succeeded...so this is a BIG accomplishment.  I also plan to blog about my journey on trying to lose weight and all those struggles, accomplishments, failures, and everything else that comes with it! 

I'm excited you all decided to stop by and please read back on my other posts!  Follow me and comment so I can follow you as well! 

Some of the prizes I would love to win would be:

40- One winner will receive a 3 day 2 night stay from Holiday Inn Main Gate East in Kissimmee, FL (less than 2 miles from Disney World) a value of $250. Provided by: Holiday Inn Main Gate

72 – Your Shape for Nintendo Wii A fitness video game featuring Jenny McCarthy Comes with a motion tracking camera! All for one lucky winner! Provided by: Kristie’s List

105 – Get Fit Pack: One “lucky” winner will get a triple threat of Jillian Michaels. Pack contains 30 Day Shred, Yoga Meltdown, The Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout. Pack also includes an aluminum water bottle to help stay on track and stay hydrated! Provided by: Green Mom Wannabe

USC3, USC15, USC21

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - stopping by from UBP - Like your site name! Happy party-ing :)
Donna

Cheryl D. said...

Happy UBP day! Great site!

Momstart said...

Sounds like you are going to create a nice happy family with your hubby. Good luck with losing weight, it is such a hard thing for me.

Happy Blog Hopping!

Irene said...

Hello,
I wish you a fun, full, happy life!
Enjoy the party!

Libby said...

Hi! Wow, Texas seems so far! I'm following to read more later. Stop by when you get a chance, I'm still new to blogging. :)

Unknown said...

Stopping by from UBP, I like the name of your blog too.
Good luck exercising! It's so hard to stay consistent (those were my rolls speaking).

Anonymous said...

Stopping from the UBP! Loved visiting your site! You have had so much loss. Your husband sounds like a great anchor.

Tamara B. said...

Cruising by from UBP to say hi :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm from the UBP! Congrats on the marriage! **throws confetti** We just celebrated our 10th anniversary. If you can make it the 1st year, you can make it. :)

Anonymous said...

Visiting from UPB 2010. Nice to meet you. Rita @ One 2 Try.

Anonymous said...

Stopping over from UBP10! Great to meet you.
Check me out soon! Have a great one!!

Christina said...

Christina - xristya@rock.com - So sorry about your family losses - I myself have lost both my mother and father and it's EXTREMELY difficult, I know! To introduce myself: I'm a poet, artist, journalist, did a local TV series on the arts and am now reviewing for http://www.musicroomreviews and http://www.movieroomreviews, the ones with Written By Christina at the top and bottom, and you can find out more about me in the About sections of those sites!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new marriage.
When I met my husband he had lost his parents, brother and sister. We lost his oldest and last surviving sister a few years ago. I think her death hit him the hardest.
I keep all of us in my prayers tonight.
I'm just listening to some classic Chicago while doing some blog visiting and enjoying ice water. Yes, no alcholic beverages here.
Love your blog and really enjoyed my visit.
I think this is my 3rd year. Not sure but really enjoy meeting new bloggers.
Great prizes this year! I hope you win one..or two.
I was late too but fashionable late for the UBP 2010.

Sandy said...

following you from the UBP... will read more of your blog cause it looks really interesting..
happy party

sandy

http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

Gale said...

Hmmm...who is the Californian, and who is the Texan, or did you move from one of the states to the other, like me? I moved from California to Texas about 10 years ago, and started my silly lil' Texifornia site in a moment of homesickness, wanting to connect with others who had experienced that same culture shock.

Blessings on your marriage, and so sorry for your recent and past losses.

Anonymous said...

Stopping in to say hi from USB party! So happy for your marriage. Congratulations!

Jennifer
www.thelemonadeconnection.com

Jenn said...

It was nice to learn more about you. That is so great that you have such a loving and supportive husband!!


Hope you had fun at the Ultimate Blog Party! I know its over but I'm still partying and visiting some new blogs! :)

Jenni ("Miss Tutu")
My UBP blog post: How to Make a Tutu blog - hope you will stop by, say hi, and grab a free tutu making lesson! :) and Mom Blogger $100 Cash Contest