Sunday, April 12, 2009

91 & 90




HAPPY EASTER!!!!


Well today was pretty much a regular Easter for us. We meet up at the Park, stuff our faces with BBQ and play a nice family friendly game of kickball which we usually just take "intermission" and NEVER start the game back up! :) It's fun and tradition.
Edgar had to work today from 9-5 so he missed all of my family festivities but made it in time for his families after he got off work. We just met up at his parents house and ate dinner. Well he ate-I was too stuffed to eat anymore. I did have a nice orange and a bowl of cookies-n-cream ice cream! Last night Edgar made his confirmation and we sat in Church for 3 1/2 hours!!!! There were about 20 kids/adults making their sacraments for the Catholic Church(hence the 3 1/2 hour long mass!!!) but to get through it didn't seem like that long. Afterwards we went to eat at IHOP and we got home at like 1 or so. The mass started at 8, but we got there at 7:30 p.m. because it gets pretty full for the Easter Vigil. It was really pretty because mass starts with a candle lit entrance and every light was off except our candles. Kinda makes me want a candle lit wedding ceremony, but thats impossible. I would have pics to show BUT my camera decided not to work tonight so I don't have any pics of last nights events. Egh-oh well.
During dinner at Edgar's parents we were talking about the language of the our wedding mass. The priest won't do a bilingual ceremony so we need to choose spanish or english. My immediate family know NO spanish! Edgar's Mom and Dad speak spanish, and his Dad knows more english than his Mom. My whole family speaks english as their first language and most of Edgar's family speak spanish. We could have the mass in Spanish and my family won't know ANYTHING or we could have the mass in English and his family will know a little. The problem with a Spanish mass-I won't get the full effect. I know enough spanish to communicate with Edgar's family-but I don't speak spanish religiously! We are in a BIG rut here because Edgar won't speak up to his parents and say "Laura doesn't speak spanish so we're having it in english...." so I have a feeling this is going to not be fun!
The good thing about it is that Edgar switches to trucks tomorrow. He has to be in to work by 4:45 a.m. and he will get off no later than 4!!! This means now he only works Monday-Friday! I'm so excited to spend the weekends together. It's such an awesome feeling-he hasn't been off of work on the weekends without requesting to be for TWO YEARS!!!! Now that he switched departments he needs to put in time off for the wedding tomorrow when he goes in. I can't wait!
Oh yea.....in 3 months I will officially be a married woman!!!!!

No comments: