Friday, April 10, 2009

93 & 92


I completely forgot to blog yesterday! I think I was just excited about no work today! Which-today has been such an awesome day until this evening. I loved being off and spending the day with my Mom, Sister & Nephew (aka the love of my life!). Me & Michael (my nephew) went to eat lunch and then met my Mom and Sister at Conn's. My Mom got a new bed, ac/heater for her new room, and a new lawnmower. Then we came home and they had a family fish fry at my Grandma's. I didnt get to enjoy it because I had already planned for a Bridesmaid get together at Chili's. We went over important Dates, shared wedding information, and talked about attire and stuff like that.
This is where the dissapointment comes in. I had talked to EVERYONE and only 1 couldn't make it. Which was fine-because she's easy enough to get in touch with on a regular basis. Now, one of my bridesmaids I've been having problems with from the beginning. We are childhood friends and she's always been a little forgetful. She's asked when the wedding was 3 times and each time she laughs it off. It kind of hurts my feelings because it doesn't make me feel like it's worth remembering (yes I'm whining!). Anyway, we had been communicating for the passed 3 or so days about meeting and I even made a little newsletter type thing to give everything in writing and she didn't show up! Not only did she not show up, she didn't call, text or even answer her phone when a couple of us tried calling her!!!! This really hurt my feelings....but I'm not the type to go up to anyone either and call them out. Sooooo-I'll just be me and act like everything was fine and I was okay with her missing.
It was also kind of embarassing because the whole time we were waiting for her to show up. The waitress kept coming and asking if we wanted to order and I was like saying no we're still waiting on one more girl. Finally after an hour we just went ahead and went on with the little meeting. I did have fun with the girls that were there...and it was nice to get their opinions and let them in on all the planning so far. They were really wonderful and overall the night was a success. It's just that deep down I was hurt by it all. This is probably the only BIG wedding stress I've had lol and I DON'T like it one bit.
On a lighter side-last night I was trying to stay up late and watch tv with Edgar. I ended up falling asleep on him and I remember him saying "Laura, are you asleep!??!!" I admitted to falling asleep. Well apparently later on I woke up(which I don't remember!!!!) and I said "Can you please turn the fuck!n TV off-I'm trying to sleep!!!!" lol and he said when I did that I turned over and started kicking my feet like I was about 2 yrs old and throwing a tantrum!!! He said he just started laughing and I didn't wake up anymore.
Ha, oh well. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Princess Selina said...

I'm sorry you are dealing with BM drama. I really think you need to talk to her about it. I understand that we (as brides) are the ones who care the most about the wedding but you asked that BM to be there for you and she's obviously not. If you don't mention anything (or any other BMs) then it will probably keep on happening. But I'm more 'up front in your face' about stuff and when someone acts like that after concrete plans have been made, I am not a happy camper. =) GL!