Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Few Checks & Update



Okay, Well first I love all those hairstyles above! The one in the board of hairstyles is really just supposed to be the Jordan Sparks one...but I didn't cut it out. Anyway, you get the idea. The only thing is...my hair needs to grow another 5 or so inches. I think it will, my hair grows pretty fast.
I talked to the lady that is going to do my hair for my wedding and she told me she would do mine and all my girls hair as her wedding gift! Are you serious!?!?!? There really are good people in this world. I'm really thankful because I wanted to give that to my girls as a gift but Edgar and I have been so strapped for money I didn't think I was going to be able too. I sent them all texts and so far 1 has responded. I asked them to e-mail the pic so I can show her and we can make a timeline of what time each girl will get their hair done and how long she thinks it will take.
I'm getting really excited, and we are about to hit the 6 MONTH MARK!!!! I can't believe it, it realy feels like just last week we were excited about the year mark. When 2009 came, I just couldn't help but think "I'm getting married THIS year..." No more..."no, not this July, next July" or "I know it's kind of far away, but It's July of '09" It's amazing. I'm just kind of like uhhh okay Laura it's time to stop procrastinating and get your ass in gear!
For January I really need to focus on finding a Photographer. Especially one that won't ask for BOTH my arms! lol I realize you get what you pay for....but really. And I shouldn't be really complaining because Edgar's family is paying for ALOT! I really should be thankful the only thing Edgar and I are going to be paying for is the hall $2400-Which includes the tables/chairs/security/chair covers/chair ties/table clothes/arch/full use of kitchen/clean up/8AM-Midnight. The beer/coke(includes all types like dr.pepper, sprite etc.)/water. I'm thinking this is going to be anywhere between $500-$800. The photographer if and when I find one and then also a videographer depending on how much money we have and if we can afford one. So all in all we're probably paying for like $4,000 out of our $10,000-$12,000 wedding. I still can't believe it's so high! I always thought I could get away with having a wedding for like $5,000.....but man this wedding industry told us otherwise!
I also need to decide on our cake maker...which I think I have. I e-mailed her and hopefully her prices didn't jump much higher than what we talked about when we met in like August. She told me her prices were going to jump up in 2009, but hopefully not that much.
I had the rehearsal dinner sight on my list of to do's this month but we already decided. We decided on a place called Duke's BBQ in a town about 30 miles away. The website is www.dukesbbq.com and we will be getting the all you can eat buffet for $15/person. This includes all the food/drink/and 1 hr service from the staff. I'm not sure how many people we are inviting, but I think we are going to probably open it up to anyone that wants to go but only pay for those in the wedding. I'm thinking of making a ticket or something that they can present....which is another thing Edgar and I will be paying for.



1 comment:

Shannon said...

Thats stinkin awesome! I haven't lived here long enough to have a 'hair lady' :( to even call and ask for her to do our hair. Congrats on that! Id be so excited!