Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend Update and Some Checks!

Rather than spreading this out in 2 posts I will make this one.long.post! :) Enjoy!

Okay so according to my countdown we have 25 weeks and 4 days until the wedding! In other countdowns that equals to 173 days or 5 months 3 weeks and 1 day. I am officially under 1/2 of the year. ::PASS THE PAPER BAG!:: I'm beginning to hyperventilate.

I have 2 main things to book, and it's the DJ/Band (I wish Edgar's Dad will just hurry up and decide) and the Photographer. Okay here's the dilemma on that one. I met with Charlotte with number9 photography and everything was fine and dandy except Edgar and I really didn't have the money for the deposit. I was waiting until the 15th until I got paid to pay for her and to fill out the contract. Until, I got the e-mail saying something along the lines of her already booking that day with another bride but if I wanted someone else from her group of photographers it would be the same amount and she would do the editing, but she wouldn't be taking the pictures. We told Edgar's parents and they encouraged us to look around. Okay. We went and met with a lady on Saturday but then Edgar's Dad said please call me Sunday and make a time to meet with E's Dad, Edgar, and I all to talk about prices and see her work. It's $1250 for both the videography and photography. While waiting for her to call I receive an e-mail from Charlotte telling me that the bride that booked with her on the 11th didn't secure her venue so she had to move her photography date back to the 18th. PERFECT! BUT, we had already talked to the other lady and was waiting for a meeting. She never called on Sunday and we tried to call her today to see if we could meet but she never answered....back to square 1. We're basically screwed! :) SOOOO....if we haven't heard from this lady by the 30th I will be contacting Charlotte and book the date with her.

I also finished printing the rsvp cards and reception cards off on my computer. Edgar and I took them to Kinko's so they could cut them. Well worth the $17 I spent on cutting them. I made my sponsor cards/letters also and I bought a stamp at Hobby Lobby that says "The joining of two hands makes One Heart!" that I stamped the back of the envelope. Soo cute! I made my DIY pomanders I am going to use for the flower girls (yes I nixed the baskets!) and also for the Church Pews. I'm in love with them! I added the lime green roses because I felt they needed a pop of color. They turned out good to me.


Today I spent the day with Edgar. It was nice and much deserved! He's off on Mondays and because of the lovely MLKjr....I was off today too. We slept in. Woke up and went to lunch (!) We went and ran errands. We got the rest of our cake plates from Party City so I'm finished with that. We bought him some work shoes. Thank God he can throw the others away! :) We got some stuff from Hobby Lobby and we came home. We also went to scope out Apartments. We found the ones we want to move into. We will go back probably around April and see what the availability is. ::crosses fingers they have something good:: It's in a perfect location and Edgar's ready to move in now. I let him know if we pay everything we need to for the wedding we can move in as soon as that's all done. Hopefully that will put him in high gear. Tomorrow is the first of four marriage classes. We will be there from 7-9 and luckily tomorrow I get to come home straight after work....YAY for no after school tutoring!

2 comments:

Jill said...

ya know, in all honesty, i wouldn't feel guilty about booking with someone while setting up meetings with another. part of wedding planning is the overlap of sooo many big things happening at once. the second photog looks to have great prices and it'd be cool if you clicked. but if you're confident that charlotte would be a good pick, you shouldn't feel bad about booking with her. you only get one wedding and you want it to be perfect. just my thoughts!

also, i'll throw out the name of my dj- fred bishop with encore entertainment. he's a hoot and recently did a friend's wedding and they loved him. :)

Jill said...

oh, i meant to add that if you haven't heard back from second photog by friday, i think you should look elsewhere. vendors are supposed to be selling themselves, responding asap! don't they know they should be at every bride's beckoned call? jk. ;)