Saturday, January 10, 2009

Such a FUN day!

Yep, I did it. I went to the Bridal Extravaganza here in Austin with my Bestfriend since 1st grade. We are both bride to be's but she has not set an official wedding date yet. I couldn't have picked a better person to go with, it was just amazing! We ate pretty much every piece of cake there....which I should probably try on my dress to make sure it still fits! :) Oh well...I have plenty of time. (hopefully!)


Then, we went to see BRIDE WARS!!!! That movie was just amazing! I loved it. I'm so glad I went to see it with her because we've been BESTfriends for like 18 years. The movie fit our personality and it made me choke up and get teary eyed twice! I even had the BIGGEST knot in my throat. Ahhh, I'll be seeing that movie again.

This morning we went to her apartment and worked on cutting out a piece of my program. These will go on top of the black cardstock. And in the inside of the program, there will be either ivory paper, or green paper. I haven't fully decided yet. They will be full sheets of paper folded in half and then 2 hole punched with ribbon on the binding. Here's a pic of what we cut out today.
I also printed out our RSVP cards. Both are printed out on lime green card stock. They're so nice, and they look so classic. I'm going to be cutting them out and gluing the front to the programs. As soon as I'm done cutting out a few of the RSVP's I am going to get one full invitation together so I can go and weigh them. Luckily I won't be mailing out a ton, only about 20 out of the 97 I will be making.....so I won't be spending a fortune on postage.

YAY! I'm so happy with the progress I'm making with the wedding planning. Hopefully I continue. Monday, we have a meeting with the Father at the Church. I have a list of questions I want to ask him and then I'm going to also ask about the timeline for the Church Ceremony so I can get started on my programs. I always want to be one step ahead incase something tragic (God forbid anything does) happens, and we have to put a hold on wedding planning for a bit. I also need to ask him some photographer questions. Uhmm...what else? We are going to be taking our FOCCUS test at 9:30 Monday morning, so I'm kinda worried about that. I think it will be fine and I'm just overreacting. I also got an e-mail from one of the ladies that work at the Catholic Diocese of Austin and they got our check in the mail for our marriage classes. They were originally requesting we go to the retreat but I really didn't have $260 bucks to fork out. SOOO, we opted to do the 7-9 pm on Tuesday evenings for 4 Tuesdays beginning Jan. 20th(for only $90). So we will be there until February 3rd, but I like that option better.

That's all for now.





No comments: